Heavenly lemon and blueberry muffins
- 1½ package of Driscoll’s blueberries (6 ounces/180 gram)
- 8 ounces/230 gram plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces/120 gram of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 5 ounces/150 gram of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml milk
20 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | 12 muffins | snacking | dessert | average
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease a muffin tin or individual muffin cases.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar for approximately 3 minutes until it's a pale colour in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Scrape the they sides of the bowl clean if this is necessary.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla to the mixture.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the flour mixture and milk a little bit at a time.
- Begin and end with the flour mixture until everything has been incorporated.
- Fold the blueberries through the mixture and divide over the muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Leave to cool down for 3 minutes in the baking tin.